Thread: QtCreator seems to have problems with the code model on Ubuntu 20.04

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default QtCreator seems to have problems with the code model on Ubuntu 20.04

Hi,

I am using QtCreator on Ubuntu for application development in C++. I recently upgraded my Ubuntu from 19.10 to 20.04 and now have problems with the IDE (or so it seems...):
    - Building the code still works BUT:
    - QtCreator complains that stddef.h could not be found (included from <QtCore>)
    - the IDE does not seem to to be familiar with namespace std::
    - the previously working includes for gstreamer do not work (in the IDE context, compiling and linking do work...) anymore

Does anyone have any hints on fixing this for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Regards
    "It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better."

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QtCreator seems to have problems with the code model on Ubuntu 20.04

You probably need to install / reinstall C++ development tools -or- reconfigure your Qt Creator development kit. Possibly your upgrade also updated your development tools and your Qt kit points to the wrong version.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: QtCreator seems to have problems with the code model on Ubuntu 20.04

Thanks,

the clang configuration on my machine was the reason for the code model errors. The IDE still complains that stddef.h could not be found, but at least the syntax highlighting works more or less like before (on Ubuntu 19.10) .

Regards...
    "It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better."

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I first disabled the Clang Code Model plugin, but this may not really be a solution. Since the qtcreator package has a dependency on libclang1-8, I then installed package clang-8 and reenabled the Clang Code Model plugin. Now QtCreator seems to work again.