Thread: Looking for C++ Course Online

Default Looking for C++ Course Online

Hello All, I want to learn c++ course but i am confused about which course is best between udemy and coursera. I have checked both sites to identify best course but i didn't, Can anyone suggest to me?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Looking for C++ Course Online

Can you post some links to courses you have looked at? It's hard to say which is more suitable without looking.

The other questions are about you - Have you ever taken an online course before? How well do you learn independently? Are you able to look at books, tutorials, and example code and learn from those? Can you learn something new without having a tutor or someone else to ask questions to? Do you have someone who know C++ who you can ask questions to?
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    Can you post some links to courses you have looked at? It's hard to say which is more suitable without looking.

The other questions are about you - Have you ever taken an online course before? How well do you learn independently? Are you able to look at books, tutorials, and example code and learn from those? Can you learn something new without having a tutor or someone else to ask questions to? Do you have someone who knows C++ who you can ask questions to?
    I think @5428-d_stranz has given the best answer till now because he asked you about the thing a beginner is trying while starting their programming journey. As in the current situation, many programmers is learning programming thing at the secondary or senior secondary of their schooling. So I would suggest these communities recommend C++ Tutorials to you can choose them according to your choice. In these tutorials list, C++ developer has curated that why these tutorials are best which one suits your better and why?

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post

The other questions are about you - Have you ever taken an online course before? How well do you learn independently? Are you able to look at books, tutorials, and example code and learn from those? Can you learn something new without having a tutor or someone else to ask questions to? Do you have someone who know C++ who you can ask questions to?
    I have checked this list when i was searching C++ course on google, Please check and suggest me.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Of the courses at your link, the descriptions of #5, #6, and #9 look good if you are really a newbie, #7 might be good if you have had some programming experience in C or a language like it. None of them are free (and some are ridiculously expensive for what you get).

I like this Coursera course. Ira Pohl is a well-known professor and has written many books on C and C++. The course is also free to audit if you don't want to get an official certificate but just want to learn.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.