Thread: QML Map & Tiles

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Question QML Map & Tiles

Can't find anything that explains how to do this...

But, I have an OSM QML map that works well. I want to add a tile overlay that is weather radar from a 3rd party. What is the best way to do that?

Right now, I am declaring a MapItemGroup of MapQuickItems, each one having an Image component that points to the correct tile on the external server. This works, but seems to be a cumbersome way to go about it.

Any thoughts or examples?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default Re: QML Map & Tiles

Wow... 2300+ views and no one has any suggestions?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QML Map & Tiles

Maybe because none of those 2300+ viewers has any idea what you are trying to accomplish given your one line description, and probably no one has done anything like this. I certainly haven't.

But it sounds like your solution is too tightly coupled. In generic terms, you want to overlay a tile containing an image on a map. The source of the image shouldn't matter, only that the tile should update when a new image is set on it. So I would suggest finding a way to decouple getting image data from the server from displaying that image in a tile - maybe a class that knows the association between a tile and the image source, and another class that monitors the source for updates, creates a new image, and loads it onto the tile.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.