Thread: Except for the Forums, is Qt Centre still active?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Except for the Forums, is Qt Centre still active?

I just joined Qt Centre and this is my first post.

I see a lot of recent posts in the Qt Centre Forum, but when I click on the Home page link and click on sub menus like Tutorial, News, etc., they have dates such as 2014, 2010, etc. Except for the forums, is the rest of Qt Centre not as relevant as it used to be? Are there any other sites that might provide more updated content? Don't get me wrong, this site was recommended by a book that I am reading on C++ & Qt programming, and the forum seems very helpful, but if there are other sites I should be reading as well to continue to increase my knowledge of C++ & Qt (except for the obvious like Qt), I would be grateful to learn about them.

Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Except for the Forums, is Qt Centre still active?

I think the forum is the only part of the site that is still active. KDAB has their own e-mail newsletter and blog, ICS hasn't posted anything in their part of the forum for years, and even though there have been multiple developer days since 2013, these tend to get advertised directly by the official Qt folks on their site.

I don't subscribe to the RSS streams, but both of those seem like they are still active.

For me, I learned Qt from the tutorials and examples that come with the Qt distribution, by reading many of the Qt books (I found Summerfield and Blanchett especially helpful but they are dated now), and by reading and asking the occasional question on this site. But Qt has become a huge platform and I don't know even a small amount of it now.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Except for the Forums, is Qt Centre still active?

Thank you ... I have been pretty much doing the same. I know Qt is huge, which is why I thought there would be extensive resources, but I also get the impression that it is more commercial driven which may be a factor whereas the Python community appears more active. This is somewhat comparing apples & oranges since Qt is a framework and Python is a language; but a lot of what I have read is that Qt has actually expanded the C++ language itself, so I guess it's a bit of a hybrid.

Anyway, I will keep plugging away learning as much as I can.

Thanks