Thread: Qt +CMake+ gmock build issue“gmock.h no such file or diretory” while building in Qt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt +CMake+ gmock build issue“gmock.h no such file or diretory” while building in Qt

I have incorporated GTest in my already existing CMake project by following this google doc( https://github.com/google/googletest...-cmake-project)

If I build my project through the command line there is no error, I am able to run UnitTest Exe. But as I need to debug the unit test, when I run the test in Qt Creator it builds it first but the build failed, throwing the error "gmock/h: no such file or directory". I am not able to understand why this error on Qt Creator only. As few stackoverflow post suggests only gmock.h should get included, that is already there.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt +CMake+ gmock build issue“gmock.h no such file or diretory” while building in

Did you tell Qt Creator where to find your missing header file? Your CMakelists.txt file probably has a target_include_directories() entry that tells CMake where to find it. You need to do the equivalent thing in your Qt project .pro file.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt +CMake+ gmock build issue“gmock.h no such file or diretory” while building in

Quote Originally Posted by piyush bisen View Post
    If I build my project through the command line there is no error, I am able to run UnitTest Exe. But as I need to debug the unit test, when I run the test in Qt Creator it builds it first but the build failed, throwing the error "gmock/h: no such file or directory". I am not able to understand why this error on Qt Creator only. As few stackoverflow post suggests only gmock.h should get included, that is already there.
    It seems to me that the error message is self-explanatory "gmock/h" is not "gmock.h" and is very unlikely to be a file. Find where your code references "gmock/h" and fix the typo.

Whether this message occurs in any given build/build environment will depend on whether the offending statement is ever parsed, it may be conditionally compiled (inside #ifdef for example.)
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Einstein
    If you are posting code then please use [code] [/code] tags around it - makes addressing the problem easier.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

It seems to me that the error message is self-explanatory "gmock/h" is not "gmock.h" and is very unlikely to be a file. Find where your code references "gmock/h" and fix the typo.
    I assumed that the "gmock/h" was a typo in the post, not a typo in the code, since the OP said the code builds under the CMake toolchain. If it was a code typo, it wouldn't build in either place.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.