Thread: QTableView, Sqlite db adds data although I press ESC key during table edit

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QTableView, Sqlite db adds data although I press ESC key during table edit

When I press the ADD button in my program I end up in the tableview edit mode and there I enter some text in the first two fields out of three but then I press ESC key which then puts me back in the tableview list and the new record seems to have been discarded which should be correct behavior. The problem is that the record is actually stored in the DB but I have to refresh the tableview to show it. Is there anyway I can catch this "ESC keypress" in the model setData method? Something like if (row edit is cancelled) then don't save it to DB else return QSqlTableModel::setData(index, value, role)? I´m very new to qt model/view programming but have some minor understanding of the concept.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QTableView, Sqlite db adds data although I press ESC key during table edit

We cannot any of how your program is constructed and what pressing the "ADD" button does.

You probably want to check QSqlTableModel::editStrategy(), but the default behaviour does not do what you are describing.