Thread: Error: dependent '....' does not exist

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Error: dependent '....' does not exist

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile QGroundControl v2.6 from the following repository https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundco...ee/Stable_V2.6

I have been following the README to setup the programming environment.

My IDE and environment are as follows:

• Qt Creator 5.6 32-bit
    • msvc2013-32bit compiler
    • Shadow builds enabled

I did a git clone of the repository, created feature, experimental, release and master branches in my local directory.

I created a user_config.pri file disabling RTLAB support as per the read me.

When I did a git clone of QGroundControl, the qgroundcontrol/libs/mavlink folder did not "clone" over because it is referenced from another repository. qgroundcontrol/libs/qtandroidsupport also did not "clone" over as well for the same reason. (I don't know how to make git clone recursively referenced repositories, so if someone could tell me how to do this, it would be very helpful).

When I build, I get the following error:

Qt Code:
    1. C:\Qt\Qt5.6.0\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug
    2. Error: dependent '..\qgroundcontrol\libs\mavlink\include\mavlink\v1.0\common\mavlink_msg_change_operator_control.h' does not exist.
    4. jom: C:\Software\qgroundcontrol-stable-V2.6\build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_6_0_MSVC2013_32bit-Debug\Makefile [debug] Error 2
    5. 21:41:29: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.6.0\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    6. Error while building/deploying project qgroundcontrol (kit: Desktop Qt 5.6.0 MSVC2013 32bit)
    7. When executing step "Make"
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

The base directory and location of the project file is:
    Qt Code:
    1. C:\Software\qgroundcontrol-stable-V2.6\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol.pro

I have manually added the library:

Qt Code:
    1. C:\Software\qgroundcontrol-stable-V2.6\qgroundcontrol\libs\mavlink\

Verified that 'mavlink_msg_change_operator_control.h' exits
    Qt Code:
    1. C:\Software\qgroundcontrol-stable-V2.6\qgroundcontrol\libs\mavlink\include\mavlink\v1.0\common\mavlink_msg_change_operator_control.h

I've cleaned, deleted the build directory multiple times. I also need to run shadow build.

What is the problem? Thank you so much in advance for helping me figure it out!

**Note the directory location is not exactly C:\Software. I have shortened it for privacy.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Error: dependent '....' does not exist

**Note the directory location is not exactly C:\Software. I have shortened it for privacy.
    Well, then have you inadvertently run into the ancient DOS limits on path length or depth? If jom is running in a command shell, a path length that's too long or too deep could result in this error.

Where is your shadow build directory with respect to the qgroundcontrol directory? jom is expecting that for whatever Makefile you are executing, qgroundcontrol lives at "..\" with respect to it. Line 4 looks like that's what it is, but since you've "shortened" things, we can't be sure.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    Well, then have you inadvertently run into the ancient DOS limits on path length or depth? If jom is running in a command shell, a path length that's too long or too deep could result in this error.

Where is your shadow build directory with respect to the qgroundcontrol directory? jom is expecting that for whatever Makefile you are executing, qgroundcontrol lives at ".." with respect to it. Line 4 looks like that's what it is, but since you've "shortened" things, we can't be sure.

I have the same problem;

jom.exe, Error:
    dependent '..\..\..\..\xxxxx_xwwss_2023\xxxxx_xwwss\xxxxx_ho ok\xx_aaa_view\aaa_transfer\aaa_transfer_view\aaa_ delegate\aaa_transfer_delegate\aaa_aaaaaaa_delegat e_list_view.h" does not exist

Subproject directory : G:\src\xxxxx_xwwss_2023\xxxxx_xwwss\xxxxx_hook\xx_ aaa_view\xx_aaa_view.pro

top directory : G:\src\xxxxx_xwwss_2023\xxxxx_xwwss.pro

shadow build.

Hope to get your reply; thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi, if you have run into the "path length" problem that d_stranz mentioned above, you can try this:
    https://www.autodesk.com/support/tec...haracters.html
    Short: in regedit browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\FileSystem, create/edit "LongPathsEnabled" and set it to 1. Then reboot.

Ginsengelf

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

First of all thank you for your reply

After analysis and verification, it is the shadow build that leads to the long path.

The name of the build directory is too long. I changed the name of the build directory, and it is normal;

But I still wonder why not remove .. from the path; This is an avoidable mistake

Added after 8 minutes:

Or add a long path prefix.
    Last edited by rootlife; 4th October 2023 at 11:59.