Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

I removed previously installed qt version and installed qt 4.2.1 and the i run your commands:
    Qt Code:
    1. configure -qt-sql-sqlite
    2. mingw32-make clean
    3. mingw32-make
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    But still the error message appears. Reinstalling QDevelop did not change anything.

thanks for your help

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Perhaps verify in menu "Tools | External tools..." that all Qt tools are located in 4.2.1 directory.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Except gdb and ctags all other external tools are properly set.

Before building QT i could not build programs in QDevelop; but now it is working and i can build programs. The first time I wanted to run a prog, it didn't work because it needed qtcore4.dll. Then i noticed that QT is not in the path enviroment variable. I solved it by qtvars.bat. Is there another thing that I must set?

Now I can enjoy building progs with QDevelop. I think it costs to have some problems to become familier with it.

thanks for youur patience

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

First of all, really nice IDE for Qt development!

I found a bug though, with code-completion: When there is not enough space in the text-editor, then the code-completion list misses either the top entries, or bottom entries. Took a look at the source and might fix this myself. Is there a way to contribute patches?

Additionally, personally I would like it if the project tree would display subdirectories as nodes in the treeview, not as leafs. Opinions?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

send them to the google project, someone will pick them up. you should ideally open a bug, and attach the fix as a patch.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Cool Re: QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

QDevelop is going geate.
    This is what I want.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Talking Re: QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

Hi,
    I just found this thread and your fine project!
    Since I use Qt4 under Linux and Windows I am desperate looking for a n IDE whis is fast, small and enables debugging!

I will try your IDE in the days comming, but I really like what I have seen so far!

You did a great job!

Congratulations from Austria!

Eugen

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Third Party Libraries in QDevelop

Hello,

I was wondering is there a specific way of adding third party libraries to a Qt project within the QDevelop Environment. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Yes, I added in on line documentation a chapter on the properties of the project.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thumbs up Re: QDevelop, a new IDE for Qt4

Great!!

A great tool for Qt4, and it worked smoothly from compile, installation, and creating a test proyect. You sure did a great job.

Thank you very much. I'll keep ussing it for my Qt4 proyects.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,
    The version 0.21 is released on http://qdevelop.org :
    Since this commit, Qt 4.2 series is required to build qdevelop. It is possible to have specific 4.2 code now.

Corrections:
    - Modifications to the subclassing dialog:
    Now actions are displayed in that dialog as well. You also have a input line for filterring the tree view. The input
    line is based on regexp and not exact (string) matching, so you might want to toy with it.
    - Correct positioning of the completion list in the editor.
    - On the end of build process, the number of errors and warnings is displayed "Build finished with n errors(s) and n warning(s)" or "Build finished without error"
    - Improve CMake support on Windows, by "Andreas Nicolai" <Andreas.Nicolai@gmx.net> Works on Linux as well, it seems we are back in business.
    - Fixes issue 45: The Call Stack was not showed.
    - Fix a crash when is opened a project with lines with # at the beginning.
    - Now if the application is closed without project opened, it is reopened without project.
    - Fix a problem : When the application is launched, if a project reopened is parsed (because the database does not exist for this project), the tree classes is not populated (because the path to ctags is not known). Now the path to ctags is known before.
    - F1 should start QAssistant anywhere if no tabs opened
    - Add Assistant to the dialog "Tools control". That fix a bug if it is not named "assistant" but by example "assistant-qt4" as under KUbuntu.

Adds:
    - Colorized matching for ( and {
    - MAC OS X application icon for QDevelop binary file
    - Insert bookmarks in menu Bookmarks ordered by line number. Now "Next/Previous Bookmark" move the cursor correctly in editors. Fix issue 17.
    - This version introduces the plugins system. The application for the moment accept only TextEdit plugin. The plugins are loaded in:
    - "/usr/lib/qdevelop/plugins" and "~/.qdevelop/plugins" under Linux and MAC
    - qApp->applicationDirPath()+"/plugins" under Windows
    but if a directory is defined in "User plugins directory" in dialog options, this directory is used in place of others.
    - Add progress bar showed during the parsing of files of project:
    - As message with % in splash if the project is loaded with application
    - As QProgressBar if project is loaded after
    - A close button is now present on each tab and appear when mouse enter in tab. The options dialog allow to have a close button on each tab or on right corner of the tab widget. By default, the close button is not in each tab because this feature seems to not work with all styles.
    - When the key Home is pressed, the cursor alternates between column 0 and the first character of the line.
    - Save the main window state - window, panels and docks positions. Thanks to Gorlow M.W. for this feature.
    - New feature who permit to rename a file in project explorer. The file is renamed on disk and explorer.
    - Add two project variables : sources and dialog directories. Now when the user add a new file or subclass, the default directory is used. These variables can be modified in "Project properties".
    - Add new feature to create a new class. Available on menu "Project | Add New Class" or by right-click in project explorer.
    - Add code to print the content of editors.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I haven't started the ide yet, because it isn't compiling (see below). But as far as i have seen there isn't anything like code formating or suchthing. Would it be possible to implement that?

KDevelop uses astyle and it's working quite good. Code::Blocks uses it too, so it's probably platform independend (only testet it on linux).

Here is my compileroutput:
    g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I../../bin/qt4static/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtNetwork -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtNetwork -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtGui -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtGui -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtXml -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtXml -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtSql -I../../bin/qt4static/include/QtSql -I../../bin/qt4static/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/ui -Ibuild/moc -Ibuild/ui -o build/o/unix/projectmanager.o src/projectmanager.cpp
    In file included from ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/QUiLoader:1,
    from src/projectmanager.cpp:47:
    ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/quiloader.h:1:56: error: ../../tools/designer/src/uitools/quiloader.h: File not found (translated from polish).
    src/projectmanager.cpp: In member function ‘void ProjectManager::slotPreviewForm(QTreeWidgetItem*)’ :
    src/projectmanager.cpp:1190: error: ‘QUiLoader’ was not declared in this scope
    src/projectmanager.cpp:1190: error: expected `;' before ‘builder’
    src/projectmanager.cpp:1193: error: ‘builder’ was not declared in this scope
    ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h: In function ‘QList<T> qFindChildren(const QObject*, const QString&) [with T = QWidget*]’:
    ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:150: instantiated from ‘QList<T> QObject::findChildren(const QString&) const [with T = QWidget*]’
    src/projectmanager.cpp:1206: instantiated from here
    ../../bin/qt4static/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:380: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
    make: *** [build/o/unix/projectmanager.o] Error 1 (translated from polish).
    Qt 4.2.1 and 4.1.0 tested.. Both have the same error..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

You probably compiled Qt4 yourself? Look at the real problem:

../../bin/qt4static/include/QtUiTools/quiloader.h:1:56: error: ../../tools/designer/src/uitools/quiloader.h: File not found (translated from polish).
    (next time run "LANG=C make")
    Last edited by jacek; 19th January 2007 at 18:08. Reason: changed [code] to [quote]

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thx, i didn't noticed that..

The 4.2 version is compiled by myself, but the 4.1 version (which i tried too) isn't. It's the suse package..

But it works now..

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

The official openSUSE packages do not work? What packages are installed in your system?

Qt Code:
    1. rpm -qa | grep qt4
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

rpm -qa | grep qt shows the following:

qt-sql-4.1.0-29
    poppler-qt-0.4.4-19
    qt3-devel-tools-3.3.5-58
    qt-debug-4.1.0-31
    qt-qt3support-4.1.0-29
    qt3-3.3.5-58.12
    qt3-devel-3.3.5-58
    qtc-0.7a-22
    qt-sql-sqlite-4.1.0-16
    dbus-1-qt3-0.60-30
    qt-devel-4.1.0-29.5
    yast2-qt-2.13.60-0.5
    qt-debug-debuginfo-4.1.0-31
    qt-x11-4.1.0-29
    dbus-1-qt3-devel-0.60-30
    qt3-devel-doc-3.3.5-58
    qt-devel-doc-4.1.0-29
    qt-4.1.0-29.7
    python-qt-3.5.1-19
    qtc-debuginfo-0.7a-22
    gtk-qt-engine-0.7cvs20060209-22.1
    kdesvn-svnqt-0.9.1-0.pm.0

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Sry for double posting, but i can't find the edit button..

I friend has found a bug in the Windows version. The Linux version is all fine (I compiled from source). In Windows you can't write "v" or "z", because these are shortcuts. He used the installer and I was able to reproduce the bug. As a workaround you can remove the shortcuts in the shortcut window. It is then possible to write the "v" and the "z" again, but i wasn't able to set the correct shortcut for undo/paste and so on.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I will try to reproduce. Thanks.

Can you open a bug report on the google site?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

First of all, QDevelop is a wonderful IDE. I 've installed on Windows XP, i added "ctags".
    - But i'm still not able to use the auto-completion for my own classes (auto completion works
    for the predefined QT classes).
    - And i can't add methods (variables or get/set methods) to classes using the class explorer. Rmq : The ctags.exe is included in the PATH variable.

Please, help me, thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I downloaded 0.21 for Windows. Yes, look likely I try open one of my projetcs...File tree builded correct but class tree not available Maiby something bad in my *.pro Also it cant undestand path to qmake, alike "C:\Qt\3.3.5\bin\qmake.exe", test on Exeternal Tools window not completed...
    a life without programming is like an empty bottle