Thread: "Reset" panning?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default "Reset" panning?

Hi,

I use both QwtPlotZoomer and QwtPlotPanner - both working very well.

What I've noticed is that, if I do zooning, it is easy to "return"/reset to the default view using the QwtEventPattern::MouseSelect2, but I cannot find any corresponding "reset" of panning. If I have zoomed in or out and then done panning, then the QwtEventPattern::MouseSelect2 works well (it will "reset" both zooming and panning). However, if I only do panning (stay at default zoom level), then I don't know of any simple way to reset to default panning/view except if I first do zooming. Is there any kind of "one-click" reset of panning I could use which I have not found?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: "Reset" panning?

No QwtPlotPanner does not store any type of history, where you can jump back and forth.

HTH,
    Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

No QwtPlotPanner does not store any type of history, where you can jump back and forth.
    Is there any feedback (signal or event) containing the new extents after a pan or zoom has occurred that would let one implement a stack to keep track of this history?

What is the response in QwtPlotZoomer / QwtPlotPanner to a single click without mouse movement? I use this in my own graphics scenes to implement a "zoom / pan to previous level" (i.e. pop the history stack) action.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

OK, I see. But I guess it should be possible to create eg. a function or method to trigger the same thing as is done when resetting the zoom? For example, a method that zooms in one "step", and then call "reset zoom" (corresponding to QwtEventPattern::MouseSelect2), which obviously seems to work. I guess that should reset to the default axes limits, even if I have panned but not zoomed. Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Maybe I shall put the question like this: Is there any way to set the axis scales to the "default" (the same scale/limits as is initially set when I first plot/show the graph) - before I do any zooming and/or panning at all?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows