Thread: How to set custom Qt plugin installation path when compiling with Visual Studio C++

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Smile How to set custom Qt plugin installation path when compiling with Visual Studio C++

I created a new plugin in Qt Creator under Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community (having installed Qt VS Tools extension). Now I would like it to be placed automatically in the path C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer. How can I tell it from project properties in Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community ?
    Last edited by giorgik; 27th April 2023 at 12:35.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to set custom Qt plugin installation path when compiling with Visual Studio C

I created a new plugin in Qt Creator under Visual Studio C++ 2022 Community
    Qt Creator and Visual Studio are two different, independent development environments. Which one are you using for your development?

I do not use the VS Community edition, but I am pretty sure the settings will be similar if not the same as the commercial edition. In Visual Studio, right click the name of your project in the Solution Explorer pane. Select Properties. When the Property Pages dialog appears, click the General category from the Configuration Properties tree. Be sure you have selected the Release configuration at the top of the dialog, then change the "Output Directory" setting to "C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer". Click OK, then save your project. See the attached screenshot.

VisualStudio.jpg
    Last edited by d_stranz; 27th April 2023 at 16:31.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to set custom Qt plugin installation path when compiling with Visual Studio C

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    Qt Creator and Visual Studio are two different, independent development environments. Which one are you using for your development?

I do not use the VS Community edition, but I am pretty sure the settings will be similar if not the same as the commercial edition. In Visual Studio, right click the name of your project in the Solution Explorer pane. Select Properties. When the Property Pages dialog appears, click the General category from the Configuration Properties tree. Be sure you have selected the Release configuration at the top of the dialog, then change the "Output Directory" setting to "C:\Qt\6.5.0\msvc2019_64\plugins\designer". Click OK, then save your project. See the attached screenshot.

VisualStudio.jpg
    Thanks you