Hello everyone

I would like to ask this knowledgeable group for any advice as I am working on a project that requires me to use Qt and QML to design a set of unique panels. Even though I have been working with Qt for a while and have mostly worked with components; this is my first major project where I am going into QML and creating custom panels.

I am trying to do well. I am creating a panel that will show a list of items with text and images next to each other. To make the panel visually beautiful; I want to include a custom drawing and allow users to select the objects.

I have managed to set up the basic structure and modify qWidget so far. In order to support custom drawing; I have modified the paint Event method. The objects are stored in a qList. Optimising the drawing process and managing input from users are two things I am having trouble with.

I want to make people click on your plans to pick it. Although I have tried to use mouse events, I am having problems correctly identifying presses on certain items and changing my choice position

The widget must be successful, especially for managing a lot of objects. The paintevent method is currently not working correctly as it should; and as the list get a longer time; I am experiencing some lag.

• Which way is preferred when it comes to managing item selection in a custom item?
  • Are there any special Qt patterns that help improve the painting process?
  • How can I successfully manage processing events for several panel objects as follows?

while I have worked with C++ and some of the basic features of Qt, I have never gone into custom panel creation.And also I have gone through some post relevant to this https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/72026-AnalogClock-staticMetaObject-definition-of-dllimport-salesforcedeveloper-static-data-member-not-allowe?highlight=Widget+Development+in+Qt But did not get the satisfying information

I am excited to learn and develop, so any help or insights you could provide would be truly valuable.
Thanks in advance