Thread: problems running: uic.exe, moc.exe etc.[fixed]

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default problems running: uic.exe, moc.exe etc.[fixed]

Hi!
    I have been using Qt a lot, and it has worked perfectly with Visual Studio 2005. However last week I started getting compiler errors saying: c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: moc_x.cpp
    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ui_x.h

After a bit of clicking around I found that the files were never generated(no files in generatedfiles folder). So there were probably something wrong with the qt tools(moc.exe, uic.exe).

When I try to run moc from the command line, I get an Application Error msg box stating: "The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000034)."

After some massive googling I found a thread that probably has some relevance to my problem. But after putting some dll's (msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll) into the Qt/bin directory as suggested by someone in the thread on the qt mailing list, it's still no good.

I have also tried to reinstall qt and VS2005, but no luck.

This is a very big problem for me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

What amazes me about this is how it suddenly just stopped working. Just one ctrl+f5 to many I guess ;(

I posted this on the other qt board too, don't be hating

fix: I downloaded dependency walker and found out that those dll's should be put into the folder: c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8 b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_5490cd9f
    Guess the folder name varies from what version of stuff you are running but dependencywalker tells you.
    Last edited by fres; 16th June 2007 at 03:33.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: problems running: uic.exe, moc.exe etc.

first make sure the env vars are ok.
    then you should think about what apps you've installed lately, because one of them might have overwritten some moc/uic dependencies with older/newer versions.

Do other Qt apps work on that computer?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: problems running: uic.exe, moc.exe etc.

I have made sure the env vars are ok. And added necessary folders to the path variable etc.

I haven't really installed anything lately, but Windows has updated itself on a few occasions...

The examples in the Qt\4.1.3\demos\ are running just fine.