Hi all!
I'm using QT 4.3.0 and MySQL Server 4.1. I'm trying to build the MySQL plugin using "Building the QMYSQL plugin on Windows using MinGW" tutorial:

http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?t...ws_using_mingw

everything goes fine until step 5: "Run make - this should build the qsqlmysql.dll and libqsqlmysql.a files in the %QTDIR%/plugins/sqldrivers directory." Indeed, running make creates in the %QTDIR%/plugins/sqldrivers some files, but their names are "qsqlmysql4.dll" and "libqsqlmysql4.a". But I guess it's not a big problem, so I copy the libmysql.dll file from the MySQL installation's bin directory to a directory %QTDIR%/bin, and run
the sqlbrowser demo. I can see QMYSQL in the combobox, so i fill blank spaces (database name, username, etc.) to connect - unfortunately i get the message "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'my.host.name' (10061) QMYSQL: Unable to connect". Could anyone help me with that? I think the problem might be in the libqsqlmysql4.a and libqsqlmysqld4.a files - when I open
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationD efaults and look into "Qt Plugin Cache 4.3.false" there are two registry keys for libqsqlmysql4.a and libqsqlmysqld4.a files, where values are:
Qt Code:
  1. 0
  2. 1
  3. unknown
  4. 2007-06-22T20:19:06
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

instead of:
Qt Code:
  1. 40300
  2. 0
  3. Windows mingw release full-config
  4. 2007-06-19T23:38:29
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
for other keys (qsqlmysql4.dll and qsqlmysqld4.dll)...any clue? When I install MySQL 5 i don't even see QMYSQL in the combobox...

On the other hand, when I try to connect with mysql at localhost everything works fine (I use 'localhost' as hostname, 'mysql' as database name, 'root' as username and 'password' as password) So i guess there is no problem with QMYSQL plugin. The problem shows when I try to connect with database on another server. I've no idea why Has anyone encountered similiar problems? I would appreciate any help!