Thread: qt forum

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Windows

Default qt forum

Hi,
    DO anyone could me explain relation (or difference) between this forum and qtforum.org?
    thanks
    Regards

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: qt forum

Qt Centre is the spirit of old QtForum, which had to move into a new body after old one fell into wrong hands.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Windows

sorry can you explain me a bit more? wrong hands in wich sense? One time I know that it had problems and it doens't work properly. But today it's used evey day. THen why ask here or there? I can't understand..they seem twin forums...
    Regards

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    sorry can you explain me a bit more? wrong hands in wich sense?
    The current owner of Qt Forum is named Herbert Feiler and all he is interested in is a bunch of links at the bottom of each page. Also he lied to us.

One time I know that it had problems and it doens't work properly.
    And it still doesn't --- try going to the second page of any search results. All member profiles are available to the public (including the e-mail addresses). On Qt Centre we take care not to disclose any private data.

Since our administrative rights were revoked, we couldn't fix Qt Forum, so we decided to create a new site.

But today it's used evey day. THen why ask here or there? I can't understand..they seem twin forums...
    Todays the most popular question on Qt Forum is "do you want to buy shoes?" and the owner doesn't seem to be interested in fixing that. Also a lot of questions remain without any answer. That's completely opposite to what you can encounter on Qt Centre.

5. The following user says thank you to jacek for this useful post:

Michiel (18th July 2007)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by jacek View Post
    All member profiles are available to the public (including the e-mail addresses). On Qt Centre we take care not to disclose any private data.
    Ouch. And I still have an account there. Good thing it uses an old e-mail address I haven't used for years. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jacek View Post
    Todays the most popular question on Qt Forum is "do you want to buy shoes?"
    Bwahaha!
    "The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to wage wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Todays the most popular question on Qt Forum is "do you want to buy shoes?" and the owner doesn't seem to be interested in fixing that. Also a lot of questions remain without any answer. That's completely opposite to what you can encounter on Qt Centre.
    True.
    Somebody should answer to those posts too.

Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Maybe they should have a separate forum for spamming?

And to add my five cents - QtForum had a moderator some time ago, but he(she?) resigned, because of other activities. QtForum is about 4 years old and QtCentre is currently 18 months old and we're almost leveled in the number of posts (even considering the fact that most of Qt3 questions have already been answered by the time of the split although Qt3 is still actively used). And besides a forum we have a wiki and a stub of a portal. I think it is safe to assume we've already outgrown the old site.

QtForum was nice, really, but one day everything collapsed and we could do nothing about it. I think the thread explaining everything is still accessible (http://www.qtforum.org/thread.php?threadid=15877), although the new owner tried to hide it.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

But when i click the link and login it says you aren't authorized to see it. BTW i created a new dummy acct to see it as my acct seems to be deleted
    The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
    -- Merrick Furst