Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Handcoder's IDE for Qt

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    Simply copy your mkspecs and doc directories from c:\Qt\4.2.3 to directories called c:\Qt\4.3.0\mkspecs and c:\Qt\4.3.0\doc. This should do the trick and work perfectly.
    Yes, that works, thanks.

Anyway I hope you can fix it the right way. Otherwise this problem could arise if you later decide to distribute a stand-alone binary package (with Qt dlls or statically linked).

I have other suggestions, for the settings dialog (Tools->Settings):
    - it would be nice if you add some "select..." buttons so the user could choose the paths in a file dialog, instead of having to type the paths.

- as it seems that ctags.exe, doxygen.exe and dot.exe are included in your package, I think the default path for them should be relative instead of absolute. This way the paths will be correct after an update.

I explain: you install HiQt 0.1.14 in c:\HiQt-win-0.1.14 and run it for the first time. HiQt creates default paths for that programs (which are right). But then you upgrade to 0.1.15 installing it in c:\HiQt-win-0.1.15 (and delete the folder with the previous version). Now the paths for ctag.exe and others are wrong. They point to the old folder, so the user has to change them manually.
    If the default paths were "..\3rdparty\ctags\ctags.exe" and so on, that wouldn't happen, they will keep working between upgrades.

I have another problem: I can't compile anything. It says that it can't find g++ (it's not in the path)

And one question: where are the files created by doxygen saved?
    Last edited by Pepe; 5th August 2007 at 09:52.

2. The following user says thank you to Pepe for this useful post:

magland (5th August 2007)