Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HaiQ - IDE for Qt4

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: HaiQ - IDE for Qt4

Thanks for your HaiQ IDE. It's great for me.
    I found few bugs during first try.

QT version: 4.3.2
    HaiQ version: 0.2.5-1

1. form can't be previewed.
    Procedure: open Haiq with Haiq.pro -> browser a FORM like "HaiQConfiguration.ui" -> press the button "Preview form" -> HaiQ will be closed immediately

2. No selection of help item will cause program crash.
    Procedure: open Haiq -> Press F1 or select the "Qt help on current word" in Help page -> do not select any item in the poped up windows but just press OK -> HaiQ will be crashed

3. Same as issue 2 but change to project help item.
    Procedure: open Haiq with Haiq.pro -> Select "Project help on current word" in Help page -> don not select any item but press OK -> Haiq crashed

is there any bug tracking system for HaiQ where I can submit?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi Sam,

I was not able to reproduce bug #1 on windows, but I was able to reproduce the crashes in items #2 and #3 - so those will be fixed soon. And I'll look into form preview as well. Thanks for the report.

Please download latest version (0.2.6) - and see the changes in the post from a few minutes ago.

For now send bugs via email - later we will create a bug tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    Thanks for your HaiQ IDE. It's great for me.
    I found few bugs during first try.

QT version: 4.3.2
    HaiQ version: 0.2.5-1

1. form can't be previewed.
    Procedure: open Haiq with Haiq.pro -> browser a FORM like "HaiQConfiguration.ui" -> press the button "Preview form" -> HaiQ will be closed immediately

2. No selection of help item will cause program crash.
    Procedure: open Haiq -> Press F1 or select the "Qt help on current word" in Help page -> do not select any item in the poped up windows but just press OK -> HaiQ will be crashed

3. Same as issue 2 but change to project help item.
    Procedure: open Haiq with Haiq.pro -> Select "Project help on current word" in Help page -> don not select any item but press OK -> Haiq crashed

is there any bug tracking system for HaiQ where I can submit?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Bugs #2 and #3 posted by SamT have been fixed, and a new release is available:HaiQ 0.2.6-1.

This version also has .pro file syntax highlighting.

I'd like to get some feedback on whether this IDE truly is "crash-free" as I suspect it is now that a long-standing bug has been fixed with 0.2.6. Incidentally, the occassional random crash was caused by the notorious pitfall of using (myhash["mykey"]) instead of (myhash.contains("mykey")), thus creating some null pointers in a hash variable!

Of course there seems to be a problem with form previews, according to samT, but I cannot reproduce.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi magland,

Thanks for your promot reply. I find a minor issue on 0.26 as attched pic.
    For the preview form, when I press the button, HaiQ terminate immediately without any crash or error information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

SamT,

Thanks, I fixed that display issue with the config dialog, and released 0.2.6-3.

I still cannot reproduce your form preview crash, so I put in a bunch of debug statements to the console for the "preview form" function. Please try it and send me the console output.

You can send this info via email: Jeremy dot Magland at gmail dot com

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Some notes (mostly just my personal taste):

1. I can't do an out-of-source build (maybe a qmake limitation? - I know that it won't work on windows, but should work on linux)
    2. usage() in src/qmake-HaiQ/qmake/option.cpp has too many '%s'
    3. there are a lot of warnings about unused variables - is this intented?
    4. You're using much "/" instead of '/' which should be much faster (no conversion from const char* to needed). The same with 'return ""' instead 'return QString()'
    5. sometimes your function takes 'QString foo' instead 'const QString &foo')
    6. you compare QStrings to "" instead use QString::isEmpty()
    7. Do you programm with msvc6 because of this:
    Qt Code:
    1. int j;
    2. for (j=0; j<action_list.count(); j++)
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    which should imho be rewritten by this
    Qt Code:
    1. for (int j=0; j<action_list.count(); j++)
    To avoid confusion

/edit: some more:

- The links in the about box do not work: "Der Befehl lässt sich nicht ausführen. Die Datei oder der Ordner file:///home/ehrlicher_c/tmp/HaiQ-0.2.6-3/www.trolltech.com existiert nicht."
    - "make install" is not available
    - Tools -> Configuration gives me those warnings: "Warning: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running."
    - imho is AStyle executable named 'astyle' on linux (and not AStyle)
    Last edited by ChristianEhrlicher; 15th October 2007 at 10:05.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

ChristianEhrlicher,

Thanks for your tips... I think these will improve the code as well as my code style going forward.

The following points have resulted in change throughout the code that will be reflected in next release (or immediately by svn):

* you compare QStrings to "" instead use QString::isEmpty()
    * The same with 'return ""' instead 'return QString()'
    * for (j=0; j<action_list.count(); j++) should imho be rewritten by this for (int j=0; j<action_list.count(); j++)
    * sometimes your function takes 'QString foo' instead 'const QString &foo')
    * imho is AStyle executable named 'astyle' on linux (and not AStyle)
    * usage() in src/qmake-HaiQ/qmake/option.cpp has too many '%s'
    This file was written by the Trolls themselves

* I can't do an out-of-source build (maybe a qmake limitation? - I know that it won't work on windows, but should work on linux)
    * "make install" is not available
    I will need assistance with these items, because I am unfamiliar. Perhaps somebody could take a look at the .pro file and suggest some easy changes that would enable out-of-source build and "make install". One concern is that HaiQ uses data in the "templates", "3rdparty", and "plugins" directories.

* there are a lot of warnings about unused variables - is this intented?
    I don't get any such warnings with MinGW (except for the code written by the Trolls in qmake-HaiQ)

* You're using much "/" instead of '/' which should be much faster (no conversion from const char* to needed).
    I think this is too minor to change throughout, but I keep it in mind for future.

- The links in the about box do not work: "Der Befehl lässt sich nicht ausführen. Die Datei oder der Ordner file:///home/ehrlicher_c/tmp/HaiQ-0.2.6-3/www.trolltech.com existiert nicht."
    I've added "http://" to beginning... maybe that will help. Do the links at the bottom work (e.g. ctags)?

- Tools -> Configuration gives me those warnings: "Warning: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running."
    Please ignore those particular warnings.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

How can I add new files(*.c, *.H, *.ui) into project file(*.pro) automatically? Now, I need to use qmake -project to generate the file outside HaiQ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    How can I add new files(*.c, *.H, *.ui) into project file(*.pro) automatically? Now, I need to use qmake -project to generate the file outside HaiQ?
    The philosophy of HaiQ is for the user to directly manage the .pro file. (Although I am planning on adding some automatic capabilities in future for adding files)

Double click on the project from the project tree. This brings up the .pro file in the editor. Then type SOURCES += myfile.c, HEADERS += myfile.h, etc. Upon saving changes, everything will update automatically.
    Last edited by magland; 15th October 2007 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

HaiQ is now in version 0.2.7, with a number of fixes and improvements.

I would also like to announce a new (and active) bug tracking / feature request web page...
    http://code.google.com/p/haiq.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    HaiQ 0.2.5 released, for both windows and linux, with integrated designer!

Looking forward to feedback.
    Just got a copy of HaiQ svn repo out of curiosity and guess what I discovered...
    The so-called "contribution" is just a wee bit more than a carbon copy of my own work on designer integration... The only differences I noticed are :
    • no more deps to qmdilib
    • a handful (I'd even say less than half full... ) of actual changes
    • a brand new copyright notice that violate GPL by forgetting to mention the origin of the code...
    I have nothing against re-use of my code but I'd really appreciate if you could respect licenses... In every file, instead of saying that "it is part of HaiQ", you should mention that I wrote it for use in Edyuk, which makes it a derived work of Edyuk as stated in the GPL, and what modifications have been done... In my opinion such use of 3rdpart code should also be mentionned in README and such files but I'm not a lawyer so you may ignore this...
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder View Post
    Just got a copy of HaiQ svn repo out of curiosity and guess what I discovered...
    The so-called "contribution" is just a wee bit more than a carbon copy of my own work on designer integration... The only differences I noticed are :
    • no more deps to qmdilib
    • a handful (I'd even say less than half full... ) of actual changes
    • a brand new copyright notice that violate GPL by forgetting to mention the origin of the code...
    I have nothing against re-use of my code but I'd really appreciate if you could respect licenses... In every file, instead of saying that "it is part of HaiQ", you should mention that I wrote it for use in Edyuk, which makes it a derived work of Edyuk as stated in the GPL, and what modifications have been done... In my opinion such use of 3rdpart code should also be mentionned in README and such files but I'm not a lawyer so you may ignore this...
    The designer integration was given to me by a third party, and I had assumed that it was original material. If, as you say, this code was taken from Edyuk, then I apologize for not having the correct acknowledgement... and I should have been more careful before putting the copyright statement into those files. I will speak with kernel_panic, and get back to.

But I think such accusiations do not belong on the public forum, but I would have expected you to have have contacted me privately first.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

sorry... this was my fault...
    i got some months ago the code of edyuk and saw the designer integration code.
    i used it for an own projekt (a application, where the user can build dynamic GUIs, for the values, he want to have viewed) and than, 2 or 3 weeks ago, i saw haiQ, and there wasn't a designer integration. But it was i really good IDE, just that what i supposed to need. i searched on my hard drive and found my old project. than i sendet this version of the designer to magland. i didn't think about, that it was from edyuk.... sorry
    it wasn't deliberateness, just a brainless action...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

you are all rigth, boys ...

So, let me give you the whole view:

KernelPanic is a 17 years old guy and he asked me first about my mind concerning the integration of the designer to HaiQ.

But I didn 't give him the attention I should have and told him to introduce his idea to magland, who couldn 't know the source of the code.

So, it was my fault.

Sorry friends ...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by bremer View Post
    KernelPanic is a 17 years old guy
    So am I, yet I pay attention to licenses... (I must confess I learnt this about the same way a couple years ago ...)

Quote Originally Posted by kernel_panic
    sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by bremer View Post
    Sorry friends ...
    You shall not be... As I said already code-reuse is OK. Just keep in mind that licenses have to be respected or open source philosophy couldn't work...
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

16. The following 3 users say thank you to fullmetalcoder for this useful post:

bremer (21st October 2007), kernel_panic (21st October 2007), magland (22nd October 2007)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Ok, so I've disabled the download link temporarily (since fmc first raised this issue), and will put it back up as soon as I've given the proper copyright in the source files and the proper acknowledgement in the readme.

Thanks to bremer and kernel_panic for your posts... and of course thanks to fullmetalcoder for writing the original code (and for being understanding about our mistake).

I apologize again to fmc, and will certainly be more careful in the future.

... and ...

Long live open source!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

HaiQ 0.2.8 has been released with improved designer integration.

Here's what happened. I started looking through the designer code to determine which parts had their origin with Edyuk (per previous posts). And decided to take a different approach to the integration, wrote my own code, relying heavily on reuse of Trolltech's designer source. The result is, IMO, an improved integration, with 95-100% of the Qt Designer's functionality ported to HaiQ.

I don't know of any bugs so far. Please try it and let me know how it works.

Thanks,
    JM

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi Mangland,

Thanks! 0.2.8 works fine on preview function for me.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

HaiQ 0.2.9 has been released with some important changes, including a bug fix in designer and simplified main window.

Code completion now works for templates and the [] operator. For example, it will work in the following context:

Qt Code:
    1. QHash<QString,QWidget *> my_widgets;
    2. ...
    3. my_widgets["main"]->

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Smile Re: HaiQ - IDE for Qt4

magland,

Congratulations, I've tried nearly all the IDE's and I think this one is the best !

One thing I really like is the class browser, it's a feature IBM's Visualage C++ had and I really missed it. Fantastic !!

Only one problem at the moment, As there is no install option, I made a menu object to start it from the task bar. When started, opening the configuration panel reports qmake and assistant as not found.

If I start it from a command shell, everything shows as found (except dot and astyle which I don't know what they are) This is probably an environment path thing, I'm running debian etch, so I don't know if you can help sort this one out.

Keep up the excellent work