Thread: problem while compiling qextserial port

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default problem while compiling qextserial port

Hi to all,
    i am new to Qt.i am developing the GUI that should read the data comming from the serial port.i came to know abt "qextserialport" from google.i stuided privious threads on this this site as well as docs.i downloaded "qextserial port1.1" and extracted on my windows Os.after this i got various header files and example folder.

i copied all the files ".h",".cpp"(except posix files)and pasted into the "qestpa" (in examples folder)and then compiled to make the libraries.but here i am getting to many errors instead og getting libraries.
    BELOW ARE THE ERRORS AM GETTING WHILE COMILING.

ject_script.qespta.Release -L"D:\Qt\4.1.1\lib" -L"D:\Qt\4.1.1\lib" -lmingw32 -l
    qtmain -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: multiple de
    finition of `QespTest::metaObject() const'
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: first defin
    ed here
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x10): moc_qesptest.cpp: multiple d
    efinition of `QespTest::qt_metacast(char const*)'
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x10): moc_qesptest.cpp: first defi
    ned here
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.text+0x60): moc_qesptest.cpp: multiple d
    efinition of `QespTest::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.text+0x60): moc_qesptest.cpp: first defi
    ned here
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_qesptest.o(.data+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: multiple de
    finition of `QespTest::staticMetaObject'
    ./tmp\obj\release_shared\moc_QespTest.o(.data+0x0):m oc_qesptest.cpp: first defin
    ed here
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\qespta.exe] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Qt/4.1.1/repeater/qespta'
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THE LIBRARIES.am i doing right procedure or not?plz give some useful tips to get my application success.
    thank u in advance,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: problem while compiling qextserial port

Don't copy them like that. Just compile qextserialport in place, with shipped project file.
    cd qextserialport
    qmake
    make
    The library will be built and appears into /build subdirectory. Now go and compile the example in the same way. Notice how the project file of the example application takes qextserialport into use:

QESPTA.pro
    INCLUDEPATH += ../.. # makes it possible to include qextserialport header files
    QMAKE_LIBDIR += ../../build # adds a directory where qextserialport library was built to
    LIBS += -lqextserialport # links the example application to the qextserialport library (found from the directory added above)
    J-P Nurmi