Thread: Additional Library Directories Not Searched

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Wink Additional Library Directories Not Searched

I am running into an issue with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 where adding the location of a directory containing a dll and its lib to the 'Additional Library Directories' property of the project fails to allow the project to see those libraries at build time. However, if I put the libraries in the same directory as the project, there is no problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Additional Library Directories Not Searched

Hi

I think where libraries are not part of the project you have to name them explicitly.

So it may also help to consider the following field:
    Linker page: Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies.

To locate the environment I've found it useful to set up a new environment variable QTDEV and have this point at the qt installation base.

So my Linker Additional Dependencies line reads:
    (Release) $(QTDEV)\lib\qtmain.lib $(QTDEV)\lib\QtGui4.lib $(QTDEV)\lib\QtCore4.lib
    (Debug) $(QTDEV)\lib\qtmaind.lib $(QTDEV)\lib\QtGuid4.lib $(QTDEV)\lib\QtCored4.lib
    And my C++ General page shows:
    (Release) "$(QTDEV)\include\QtCore";"$(QTDEV)\include\QtGui" ;"$(QTDEV)\include";.;"$(QTDEV)\include\ActiveQt"; tmp\moc\release_shared;"$(QTDEV)\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005"
    (Debug) "$(QTDEV)\include\QtCore";"$(QTDEV)\include\QtGui" ;"$(QTDEV)\include";.;"$(QTDEV)\include\ActiveQt"; tmp\moc\debug_shared;"$(QTDEV)\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005"

And my Additional Library Directories just has:
    $(QTDEV)\lib
    But I don't know what this was doing because I have just checked and find that the program links fine without it. Maybe it is a base directory and you then only have to name the files.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. The following user says thank you to zotric for this useful post:

TheGrimace (11th September 2007)