Thread: Qt3: How to include/link 3rd party libraries without moc? [solved]

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt3: How to include/link 3rd party libraries without moc? [solved]

I just started trying to write a little tool that needs to catch global shortcuts. As far as I understood this should be possible using kdelibs (kaccel.h). I include kaccel.h and append /usr/kde/3.5/include/ to INCLUDEPATH in my project file. Then I run qmake and make and come up with the following error:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I. -I/usr/kde/3.5/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -o main.o main.cpp
    main.cpp:3: warning: unused parameter 'parent'
    main.cpp:3: warning: unused parameter 'name'
    /usr/qt/3/bin/moc main.h -o moc_main.cpp
    i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I. -I/usr/kde/3.5/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -o moc_main.o moc_main.cpp
    /usr/qt/3/bin/moc /usr/kde/3.5/include/kaccel.h -o /usr/kde/3.5/include/moc_kaccel.cpp
    moc: Cannot create /usr/kde/3.5/include/moc_kaccel.cpp
    make: *** [/usr/kde/3.5/include/moc_kaccel.cpp] Error 1

Seems like moc tries to run on kdelibs. kaccel.h unfortunately uses the Q_OBJECT macro, so moc is correct on its decision. However, I have that library already compiled and don't need it a second time. How do I tell qmake/make not to compile kaccel again? Or at least to compile it somewhere else instead of /usr/kde/... ? Does it have to be recompiled (I don't think so)?

I didn't code in C++/Qt for 1 1/2 year and never before and Google doesn't get me any answer to my problem. Could someone please give me a short example on how to include 3rd party libraries (doesn't need to be KDE). I assume it's rather simple to solve?

If it matters: I use GCC 4.1.2, Qt 3.3.8 and KDE 3.5.5.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by EnQ; 30th September 2007 at 22:24.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt3: How to include/link 3rd party libraries without moc? (simple newbie question

Are you sure you didn't add kaccel.h to HEADERS by accident? Don't forget to add KDE libraries to LIBS variable too.

3. The following user says thank you to jacek for this useful post:

EnQ (30th September 2007)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Qt3: How to include/link 3rd party libraries without moc? (simple newbie question

Not me, but qmake -project. Thanks!