Thread: Compile Errors (porting Custom widget from Qt3 to Qt4)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Unhappy Compile Errors (porting Custom widget from Qt3 to Qt4)

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile a Qt3 custom widget (named mycanvasview) in QDevelop under Qt4.

I haven't implemented the plugin for the c. widget yet, but I am getting the following errors when I try to compile the classes up to now (mycanvasview, bouncylogo, imageitem).

Even checking "qt3support" under Project properties is useless.

Maybe any problem with paths? What do you think?

Errors example:

Qt Code:
    1. debug\mycanvasview.o: In function `ZN12MyCanvasViewC2EP7QWidgetPKc':
    2. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/mycanvasview.cpp:63: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QImageC1Ev'
    3. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/mycanvasview.cpp:64: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QImage4loadERK7QStringPKc'
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Qt Code:
    1. debug\moc_mycanvasview.o: In function `ZN12MyCanvasView6statusERK7QString':
    2. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/debug/moc_mycanvasview.cpp:133: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectPKS_iPPv'
    3. debug\moc_mycanvasview.o: In function `ZSt17__verify_groupingPKcjRKSs':
    4. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2499: undefined reference to `QFrame::event(QEvent*)'
    5. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2499: undefined reference to `QObject::timerEvent(QTimerEvent*)'
    6. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2499: undefined reference to `QObject::childEvent(QChildEvent*)'
    7. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2499: undefined reference to `QObject::customEvent(QEvent*)'
    8. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2499: undefined reference to `QObject::connectNotify(char const*)'
    9. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2500: undefined reference to `QObject::disconnectNotify(char const*)'
    10. C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2500: undefined reference to `QWidget::devType() const'

Qt Code:
    1. debug\imageitem.o: In function `ZN9ImageItemC2E6QImageP8Q3Canvas':
    2. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6QImageC1ERKS_'
    3. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QPixmapC1Ev'
    4. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:28: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK6QImage6heightEv'
    5. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:28: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK6QImage5widthEv'
    6. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:31: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QPixmap9fromImageERK6QImage6QFlagsIN2Qt19ImageConversionFlagEE'
    7. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:31: undefined reference to `QPixmap::~QPixmap()'
    8. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:31: undefined reference to `QPixmap::~QPixmap()'
    9. C:/QDevelop/mycanvasviewplugin/imageitem.cpp:31: undefined reference to `QImage::~QImage()'

Thanks!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Compile Errors (porting Custom widget from Qt3 to Qt4)

QPixmap/QImage ctors and dtors are in QtGui lib - looks like you don't link against them.

3. The following user says thank you to ChristianEhrlicher for this useful post:

degs2k4 (7th February 2008)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Unhappy Re: Compile Errors (porting Custom widget from Qt3 to Qt4)

Thanks Christian!!!

That certainly solved most of the problems. I linked to the libraries "gui" and "core", and the only error I am getting now is:

Qt Code:
    1. c:\Qt\4.3.2\lib/libqtmaind.a(qtmain_win.o): In function `WinMain':
    2. C:/Qt/4.3.2/src/winmain/qtmain_win.cpp:120: undefined reference to `qMain(int, char**)'
    3. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have no idea about this one... I tried linking to windows libraries under project properties window, but i didn't solve the problem...

Does anyone know about this error?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Smile Re: Compile Errors (porting Custom widget from Qt3 to Qt4)

OK, I just changed the .pro file from "TEMPLATE = app" to" TEMPLATE = lib", and the error went away.

Since initially was "TEMPLATE = app", then I think it was looking for a "main" function or sth in source files.

Thanks!!