Thread: Can't get Qt SDK to compile (Windows)

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Can't get Qt SDK to compile (Windows)

Hi,

All this is done on a Windows XP SP3 computer.

I've downloaded the Qt 2009.04 SDK, and installed it. During install, I selected to also install MingW.

After installing the SDK, I launch the "Qt Command Prompt" from the Start menu.

From there, I run "configure.exe", answer the questions about open source vs. commercial (I chose open source), and then I run "mingw32-make".

This go well for a while, but when the build process gets to linking the moc tool, it crashes with tons of unresolved symbols such as:

Qt Code:
    1. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x78): undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'
    2. ...
    3. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x181): undefined reference to `QByteArray::realloc(int)'
    4. ...
    5. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x351): undefined reference to `QByteArray::operator=(QByteArray const&)'
    6. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x3ac): undefined reference to `QByteArray::remove(int, int)'
    7. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x3cb): undefined reference to `QByteArray::prepend(char const*)'
    8. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x3f8): undefined reference to `QByteArray::realloc(int)'
    9. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x431): undefined reference to `QByteArray::realloc(int)'
    10. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x52c): undefined reference to `QByteArray::append(char)'
    11. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x5a1): undefined reference to `QByteArray::append(char const*)'
    12. release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x6d3): undefined reference to `qFree(void*)'
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    And so on for about 2000 lines.

Like I mentioned, this is all "out of the box", so did I forget a step somewhere ?

I used to routinely build Qt on FreeBSD a few years back, and now I'm mostly working on Windows and thought it would be nice to give the latest Qt a try.

It looks like a library path is not properly set for the linker, but since I've not worked with gcc for a while (and also it's my first time trying it on the Windows platform), I need help figuring out what's going on.

Any tips/pointers ?

Thank you

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Can't get Qt SDK to compile (Windows)

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I'm running into exactly the same problem with Qt 4.6.2 and 4.6.3 on Windows.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I had a similar problem when I was trying to build the QPSQL plugin.
    The problem was the LIB and INCLUDE environment variables missing.
    See my thread here: http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/3198...river?p=149353
    Hope this will help.

Regards
    Daniel

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Indeed, that was the solution, as I found out last week at StackOverflow.