Thread: [PyQt] QString and QDateTime vs. string and datetime

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Wink [PyQt] QString and QDateTime vs. string and datetime

I'm just an amateur developer playing about with my (rather complex) pet project, which I've ported form PyQt3 to PyQt4.

In the pure python part of my program I was doing things with python string and datetime; in Qt4 I find QString and QDateTime which seem to do some things in a similar fashion but not all, and documentation is not very clear.

On the one hand I am tempted to use QDateTime objects directly (as they are input) on the other I would feel more comfortable in transforming them to python datetimes and working with those.

So to the question - anybody have a link to some document explaining the workings of QString and QDateTime in a simple fashion, for plain dumb people ?

Any chance of ever seeing a decent PyQt4 book without having to write it myself ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: [PyQt] QString and QDateTime vs. string and datetime

i dont know Python, but to me QString and QDateTime are wonderful class that is extremely easy to use, and much better than the one cum from standard library