Thread: Is this Qt backwards compatible with 4.4.3

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Is this Qt backwards compatible with 4.4.3

Trying to build an application that was built on Qt 4.4.3 on windows.. but I'm getting a ton of link time errors. Is this because of a version issue?. If so where can I download the previous version.

Ted
    Qt Code:
    1. mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Debug
    2. mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper'
    3. g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debug\Viper.exe object_script.Viper.Debug -L"c:\Qt\2010.05\qt\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4
    4. ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZN14VelocitySetterC2EP5QListIdEP7QWidget':
    5. C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:8: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    6. C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:8: undefined reference to
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:42: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:42: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
    ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZN14VelocitySetterC1EP5QListIdEP7QWidget':
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:8: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:8: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:42: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:42: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
    ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZN14VelocitySetter4doneEi':
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:46: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:46: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:48: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:51: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:55: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
    ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZN14VelocitySetter6addRowEv':
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:59: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:59: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:64: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:68: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
    ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZNK14VelocitySetter10velocitiesEv':
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:71: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:71: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:78: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'
    C:/Users/Viper/viper-sugui/Viper/coordinatesetter.cpp:78: undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
    ./debug\coordinatesetter.o: In function `ZN5QListI7QStringE13node_destructEPNS1_4NodeES3_' :

Ted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Is this Qt backwards compatible with 4.4.3

It's very unlikely that anything built with 4.4.3 will fail to build with 4.6.3 or 4.7.0. If it does, it will most likely fail in compilation because of API differences, and not at link time. It looks like the GCC C++ support library is not being found or you are linking a library built with a different version of GCC and/or Qt . Are you using the Nokia provided SDK or have you built MingW for yourself? Have your cleaned the project and any libraries, rerun qmake, and built from scratch?
    Last edited by ChrisW67; 17th October 2010 at 04:34.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by afflictedd2 View Post
    If so where can I download the previous version.
    http://download.qt.nokia.com/qt/source
    http://download.qt.nokia.com/qt/sour....4.3-mingw.exe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW67 View Post
    It's very unlikely that anything built with 4.4.3 will fail to build with 4.6.3 or 4.7.0. If it does, it will most likely fail in compilation because of API differences, and not at link time. It looks like the GCC C++ support library is not being found or you are linking a library built with a different version of GCC and/or Qt . Are you using the Nokia provided SDK or have you built MingW for yourself? Have your cleaned the project and any libraries, rerun qmake, and built from scratch?
    Ok I followed as you suggested and decided to use Qt Creator to do this, as
    it has the right commands and it worked. I was wondering though, I want
    to be able to build other things using my own cygwin make in other projects,
    and at the same time I want to be able to build using the mingw32-make for this
    project without QtCreator. I am not sure what to do, because if I have
    C:/Cygwin/bin in my path, mingw32-make calls the wrong g++, and I get all those
    ugly errors. What would you suggest for this?

Ted

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Manipulate the PATH variable so that the proper g++ is always first in the path. If you want to force a specific g++, you can redefine QMAKE_CXX and similar for your projects.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.