I know similar questions have been asked many times, and I have been through all of the answers I could find as best as I can...given that few of them are real specific. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find, to no avail. I am hoping that somebody will have something new to add given the specifics I describe.

I am using a library made by Prosilica ( camera manufacturer--they have been acquired by Allied Vision, but it is still a "Prosilica" library). They provide a dll named PvAPI.dll, as well as a library called PvAPI.lib--apparently for Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. These are described by Prosilica as "a standard call dll, which is accessible by most programming languages". Prosilica states that "Most compilers come with a tool to generate an import library from a DLL; see your compiler's manual for more information."

I have successfully used this library with various versions of MS Visual Studio and QT for some time. Now, however, I am trying to transition away from MS development tools due to the difficulties in distribution of software when using MS tools. I am very happy with Creator/Mingw, with the sole exception (so far) that I have been unable to use the Prosilica dll.

I have tried using pexports to produce a .def file, and dlltool to make a .a file--the result is undefined references to the Prosilica functions. I have tried using a .def file provided by Prosilica--same result

I have tried using reimp to convert the .lib, and I get "invalid or corrupt import library" error messages.

Is there something else to try? Prosilica has little to offer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Jonathan Howland