Thread: What 's the system level api inside QApplication that QNetworkRequest utilize?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default What 's the system level api inside QApplication that QNetworkRequest utilize?

hi,

I am new to Qt. I see when using Qt make a http request, it will use QNetworkRequest and QNetworkReply, when I step into the source code of Qt, I see QNetworkRequest inherit from QNetworkRequestPrivate, and QNetworkRequestPrivate inherit from QSharedData and also some QSharedDataPointer stuff. I guess QApplication is a main thread, and QNetworkRequest will make http call through QApplication, but what is the exact system level api QNetworkRequest utilize
    to make the http request? I step into QApplication trying to find it, but it's too complex for me.

I hope I can get some help here, and thank you so much for your time.

Cheers,
    Yanke

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: What 's the system level api inside QApplication that QNetworkRequest utilize?

QNetworkAccessManager takes QNetworkRequests and returns QNetworkReplys. The components use the Qt signals and slots mechanism to advise of state changes, and this relies on the logic in QCoreApplication to function.

Qt uses the underlying operating system's networking API to communicate. If you really want the low level details then look at the Qt source under "src/network".
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Einstein
    If you are posting code then please use [code] [/code] tags around it - makes addressing the problem easier.

3. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

huyanke (11th May 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Re: What 's the system level api inside QApplication that QNetworkRequest utilize?

Thank you , Chris! Your information is very useful.

I will pay attention to use next time!