Hi All,

I am working on a project where multiple line segments need to be draw very quickly. Continually drawing a line from the end point of the previous line to a new point. There can be up to 105 of these lines and and the total amount of segments can reach up to as many as 3 million. For other reasons and features I am trying to use the QGraphicsFramework. I have tried creating the line segments using QPainterPath's. QPainterPath works fine until I get up to around 500,000 segments and then as more segments are added there is a very noticable slow down in gui performance.

I know this is a lot of line segments to be drawn, so first I am wondering if I am asking more of the graphics framework than it can handle? If not, how can I speed it up? My application receives a new batch of 105 points to process every 70ms from another thread. I have turned off auto background drawing and tried a variety of the different optimizations but as yet nothing has worked sufficiently. I am also wondering if the way the QPainterPath works is that the entire path is being redrawn everytime I add a new segment, and if so, can it be configured to only redraw the newest segment while still displaying all the previous segments instead? I am new to using both the Graphics framework and QPainterPaths...

If this is too many points too quickly for the graphics framework to handle, any suggestions on possible ways to do this most efficientlywould be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

tim