Hi,

Im currently working on a program to visualise data from several sensor like accelerometers, gyroscopes, etc.
Because Im not too familiar with QT programming and multithreading I am not too sure about best way to split my programm into threads and how to manage data synchronisation.

My current idea is to put all data acquisition, in a fact reading from the serial port, into seperate thread, lets call it Serial. The second thread is a DataProcessor, which task is to pre-process these data, split it and send accordingly to different QWT plots and to QGLViewer(OpenGl model visualisation).
As far as I know, using widgets(like QwtPlot) in QT is possible only in main thread. Hence the data from DataProcessor have to be send using signals-slot mechanism.

Im afraid that doing it in this way will lead to significantly slowing down the main thread and the user interface.

Because I dont have too much time for testing several solutions I would like to ask you about opinion of presented idea. Please let me know if I am wrong in some point or give some suggestions how can I do somtehing better.

Thanks a lot for any replies!