Thread: Clone QGraphicsView (master-slave display)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Clone QGraphicsView (master-slave display)

How could I display part of the QMainWindow's widgets to a slave window/dockwidget ?

Essentially I have two docked widgets and a view with a scene containing a geographical map in a pixmap, many painted paths and a marker of the current gps position in it. I would like to replicate what's displayed on the central view and one of the two docks. This replica would be in a different window of a different screen.

So far I've tried adding the main scene to a new QGraphicsView but of course zoom and position of the view is not preserved from master to slave. I could re-do any transformation, but it feels there should be a better way. I guess I could also create a secondary MainWindow and relate them somehow. I am unsure which choice is the most appropriate and efficient or if there are other possibilites. I've also seen it's possible to display screenshots of a window in a QLabel, but that wouldn't allow me to remove the extra dock and toolbars.

The only difference between master-slave is size and position and the removal of this one dock and (if possible) toolbars and so on. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Clone QGraphicsView (master-slave display)

Aside from showing the same scene in two views. you could try rendering the primary view into an image and display that image.

You'll have to experiement if calling render() on the graphicsview or its viewport() results in the content you want.

Cheers,
    _