Hi!

Some time ago I successfully compiled a Qt app for Windows and created an installer for it with the traditional .dlls and others that are needed. That app would run properly in my PC both using Qt Creator and when running the installed version. But when I installed it in another PC also with Windows 7, but without Qt installed, I noticed that by passing and clicking the mouse over the screen (the app starts OK) it would become white.

At first I thought that would be a particular problem of that PC so I ignored for the time being.

But now I just finished creating a new installer for another software which would also work well in my PC both inside Qt Creator and when installed. I the installed it in another Windows 7 machine with Qt on it and it worked pretty well. But when I tried it in other 2 Windows 7 machines, both of which doesn't have Qt, the same white screen problem appeared:

tela.jpg

To get into the details: if the mouse is passed over one of the buttons, their area becomes white (left image). And if one of the buttons is clicked, what should show another screen in top of the main window, the whole screen becomes white (right image) even the status bar at the top, which is never hidden when other screens are shown.

Trying to find the solution to this problem, I used Dependency Walker to watch for any problems in missing DLLs; no missing DLL was reported and the only strange thing seen was a red value for the Qt5Core.dll in the column "Link Checksum" - which also appeared when I run DW in the second machine with Qt where everything worked OK.

Giving the fact that the only known significant difference between my PC and other where everything worked OK and the 2 machines where I got the white screens were the presence of installed Qt, it would seem that there is still something lacking. But what could it be that Dependency Walker isn't reporting?

Any help appreciated.