I bet there is a simple answer to this, but I'm no programmer, and I need help. I downloaded Dream 2.2 (software for listening to DRM radio programming), and unzipped into a folder I named dream under Program Files (x86). Found and installed the missing wpcap.dll and packet.dll. Got a not entirely expected “no Qt platform plugin could be initialised” message. Tried what was recommended in a web page, which is copied here:

"There are two solutions:

1. Create a file named "qt.conf". Put this in the same directory as your executable. Put this in it:

[Paths]
Plugins=/plugins

Then, create a directory called "plugins" in the shared plugins location, and a subdirectory "platforms" inside that. From your Qt distribution, find this same directory, and copy the file "qwindows.dll" from that directory into your own platforms directory.

In this case, your installation looks like:

/YourAppInstallFolder
- YourApp.exe
- any needed Qt DLLs
- qt.conf

/YourSharedPluginsInstallFolder
- /plugins
- /platforms
qwindows.dll

2. You can create the /plugins/platforms directory as a sub-directory of your application install directory, and put the dll there.

In this case, your installation will look like this:

/YourAppInstallFolder
- YourApp.exe
- any needed Qt DLLs
- /plugins
-/platforms
- qwindows.dll "

I tried both method 1 and 2, using copies of qwindows.dll I found elsewhere in my PC, but no dice. STRONGLY suspect my problem is in path and perhaps platform descriptions, since I've never done this before and have very little clue what I'm doing. If you can help me get this to work, and particularly if I understand how it works, you will make me and many others very happy, as this has flummoxed a great many folks.

Thanks in advance,
Mike