Thread: Code completion in eclipse?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Code completion in eclipse?

Hi. I've downloaded the Qt Eclipse integration package from here. I've successfully gone through the cheat sheet example (designer integration, compilation, etc) so my setup shouldn't be too far off the mark. But the one thing I can't get to work is code completion. I always get No Completions Found for anything Qt. I've tried the full and fast indexer with no luck. I also have set /usr/include/qt4/Qt, /usr/include/qt4/QtGui, etc in the C/C++ Include Paths and Symbols for my project. Finally, under window preferences, I also have the Editor Content Assist set to Search Current Project. The only completion I ever get though is for c++ keywords.

I'm a newb at eclipse but would really like to get this working. BTW, this is eclipse-3.2 with cdt 3.1 on Gentoo. cdt and the trolltech sw show up in the About Plugins as well. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Code completion in eclipse?

Looks like someone else got bitten by this and it will get fixed. See the last comments to this blog entry
    This may happen because the Qt PLugin in the project specific include pathes list, currently only adds an “QT_DIR/include” entry. The next build will add all the subpathes in order to make sure that the indexer finds everything.