Thread: Need help in installing Qt-embedded 4.5(on linux fedora 8)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My spaceship needs repairs..so, I am stuck on beautiful earth
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Red face Need help in installing Qt-embedded 4.5(on linux fedora 8)

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to install Qt-embedded in my Linux Fedora 8 desktop PC(package name is "qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.0-tp1.tar.gz")
    I followed the steps in the installation doc...started with the configure script,then ran 'gmake' and finally 'gmake install'...it's not showing any errors so, I assume that till now things are ok. Now,as per the installation doc--
    As I have a bash shell,I should add the following line-
    PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.5.0-tp1/bin:$PATH
    export PATH to .profile

So,I added the above line in my 'projects.pro' file in the qt-embedded package I had downloaded.
    Now,my questions are:
    1)Do I have to paste the line (PATH=/usr....) at some specific point in the projects.pro file?
    I just pasted it at the end of the file.More importantly,am I supposed to paste it in the projects.pro file or are they meaning some other .profile

2) After adding the above,what do I do ?
    Do I run qmake,make again (cause I changed the .pro file) or, is this it?
    (update)Did try running qmake,shows-
    [root@localhost qt-embedded]# qmake projects.pro
    /root/Desktop/qt-embedded/projects.pro:8: Parse Error ('export PATH')
    Error processing project file: projects.pro

3)Do I have to configure Qt embedded/qvfb or can I do without that for now(Also,I have Qt/X11 installed in the same PC so,do I need to do anything at all for 'qvfb')
    I tried running one of the demo examples 'browser' but, it's showing errors.
    Qt Code:
    1. networkaccessmanager.cpp:54:39: error: QtNetwork/QNetworkDiskCache: No such file or directory
    2. networkaccessmanager.cpp: In constructor ‘NetworkAccessManager::NetworkAccessManager(QObject*)’:
    3. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: ‘QNetworkDiskCache’ was not declared in this scope
    4. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: ‘diskCache’ was not declared in this scope
    5. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: expected type-specifier before ‘QNetworkDiskCache’
    6. networkaccessmanager.cpp:72: error: expected `;' before ‘QNetworkDiskCache’
    7. networkaccessmanager.cpp:73: error: ‘CacheLocation’ is not a member of ‘QDesktopServices’
    8. networkaccessmanager.cpp:75: error: ‘setCache’ was not declared in this scope
    9. make: *** [networkaccessmanager.o] Error 1
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    I need to know if I made some mistake in the installation or is it something else.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by rishiraj; 20th March 2009 at 11:39.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.