Thread: How to add a Button widget in a particular cell of QTableview without using delegate.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to add a Button widget in a particular cell of QTableview without using delegate.

Hello,

I want to insert a pushButton in a particular cell of QTableView.
    If I am using delegate, then its is replacing either colum, or row.
    If i use delegate, Is there any thing, that we can set delegate in a particular cell

or

I want to know whether there is any other alternative to insert a button widget in a particular cell of QTableView.

Please suggest me.

Thanks ...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to add a Button widget in a particular cell of QTableview without using deleg

You can do that in your delegate by just passing to the base class implementation whenever you are not asked to handle the cell you want to do differently.

E.g. if you install a column delegate and you want that button in row 1, then check the index for row == 1, do your button, otherwise call into the delegate base class method.

Cheers,
    _

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to add a Button widget in a particular cell of QTableview without using deleg

I have a table view, with 2 columns and few rows. I want a button delegate. If i am doing setItemDelegateForRow() the row is getting replaced by button delegate. But I dont want to replace my whole row. I want it to be drawn on given coordinates in the row withing replacing row content.

I am thinking to call paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QModelIndex &index) in my widget class through object of delegate class. because anyway the paint() is drawing the delegate as per coordinates. can i do so. If so, then how??

Thanks ..