I really thought I had explained my problem clearly. Evidently this is not the case... Sorry!

Here we are talking about a GUI in which my user must enter key data, which is validated against a database and the confirmation displayed in the GUI next to the key data input. For example; entering EmployeeID results in my code passing the ID back to the server, then getting the Employee Name back as a string which I then display in the Employee Name box. Whatever widget is chosen for the box. I anticipate this message passing and reply getting being done by JSON via WebSockets. I am OK with database, JSON and the like.

After EmployeeID is done I can then change focus, or enable the next widget to handle the next item of data. Say, ItemID and ItemName, then BuildingID and BuildingName, etc.

I don't mean to be vague. I wish to avoid your time being spent explaining stuff that I am not stuck on. What is the best practice to handle sends and replies via QWebSockets in a GUI form? Eg: Send key data to the server and then display the result for a number of sequential inputs.

Thank you.