Thread: How can I convert a GraphicsItem into a pdf, png, or image for printing?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How can I convert a GraphicsItem into a pdf, png, or image for printing?

Hi guys, I am designing an application for making pamphlets and brochures. I have used the QGraphicsItem to represent the pamphlet pages and now I am facing a problem of how do I convert the QGraphicsItem into a pdf or png for printing.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How can I convert a GraphicsItem into a pdf, png, or image for printing?

Have you tried QGraphicsScene::render()?

Cheers,
    _

Default Re: How can I convert a GraphicsItem into a pdf, png, or image for printing?

Hi, ayanda83.
    As for me, I have seldom tried to convert a GraphicsItem into a pdf, png, or image for printing. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes to PDF converting process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to
    convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting, PDF to BMP converting, and PDF to JPG converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

As anda_skoa pointed out, you render the scene to a paint device. That device can be a physical printer, QImage or PDFfile.

Conversion of PDF files into a series of page images (or the like) has nothing directly to do with Qt. Ghostscript and Imagemagick both have conversion abilities along those lines.