As a newbie (this is my first post here), I am six months into Python and about a month into Qt4 Designer (I know Excel userforms, which seems to be close to the Qt Designer). Here are my questions:

1. Regarding "layouts - horizontal, vertical, etc" -- is the only benefit to using one of the layouts is that the form/GUI will resize proportionately? If I design one that fits on a laptop and/or desktop, does it matter if the user can resize the form? Is there a trick to picking a layout for a non-linear form -- like one that has 9 frames of different sizes -- I have tried hundreds of times, but the frames (and labels, etc) keep jumping all over the page once I hit one of the layouts. I have read the literature, but just cannot seem to get it.

2. When I completed my GUI (without a layout), I clicked to view the code, and received this error message "Unable to launch C:Python34/lib/site-packages/PyQt4\uic". I have Python 3.6 installed, but I do not know what this message means.

3. I use PyCharm as my IDE and have written a program in it. Once I figure out question #2, how do I get the GUI code into my PyCharm file, or how do I get my PyCharm file into the GUI? Or is there another way to link them together?

Thanks for responding