Thread: problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

Question problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

Iv tried several install instructions suggested on forums.

unpacked c:qt/4.3.2/
    downloaded and installed patch acs-4.3.x-patch3.zip
    running patch a got alot of info like:

Patch attempted to create file mkspecs/win32-borland/qmake.conf, which already exists.
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file mkspecs/win32-borland/qmake.conf.rej

runing qconfig.bat msvc2005

i get compile error:

qvsnprintf.cpp
    ..\src\corelib\tools\qvsnprintf.cpp(95) : error C3861: 'vsnprintf_s': identifier
    not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
    Generating Code...
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.

i also tried to configure for msvc.net and build, but i only get alot of unresolved externals

can someone help me please

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

Open source version of Qt supports MSVC starting from version 4.3.2 so there is no need to patch it.
    J-P Nurmi

Exclamation Re: problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

did the same thing without the patch and i get the same error

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Is configure able to autodetect your platform (win32-msvc2005) automatically?

Lightbulb Re: problems installing open src Qt 4.3.2 on MSVC2005

got it working now, since i had both vs2005 and vs.2003 i was using vs2003 promt for building for msvc2005 and vs2005 promt for building for msvc.net

talk about confusion

thanks for all replys guys

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi

I noticed you recently had a problem that I also am having now with Qt framework 4.3.2.

It appears there is no need to install the patch from acs-4.3.x-patch3.zip, however did you actually do the patch ? Did it eventually work, or you found there was no need for the patch like one forum member mentioned ?

I am having trouble getting configure.exe to recognise platform :

C:\Qt\4.3-msvc2005\qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.2>configure -platform
    Unable to detect the platform from environment. Use -platform command lineargument
    or set the QMAKESPEC environment variable and run configure again
    See the README file for a list of supported operating systems and compilers.

I am using the free version of MS Visual Studio Express 2005 that I've downloaded recently ...

Does any body have any suggestions on how to proceed with compilation of Qt framework 4.3.2 source ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Before running configure, enter at the command prompt:
    set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2005

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Before running configure, enter at the command prompt:
    set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2005
    Thankyou !

I did get the configuration.exe -platform to execute correctly except for the very end :

Creating qmake...
    execute: File or path is not found (nmake)
    execute: File or path is not found (nmake)
    Cleaning qmake failed, return code -1

I am not sure exactly what configuration.exe had to do to finish clean ?!? If this warning or error can be ignored than I can just proceed with the next part, but if not, are there any other system path variables I may need to have set ?

Slowly but surely getting there ...

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

You get that error because the ms c++ compiler binaries are not in your path. In the start menu entry for for vs 2005 there should be and entry called Vs2005 command prompt. If you open that file (vcvars.bat) you can see what variables are set and add them to your user's system variables.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    You get that error because the ms c++ compiler binaries are not in your path. In the start menu entry for for vs 2005 there should be and entry called Vs2005 command prompt. If you open that file (vcvars.bat) you can see what variables are set and add them to your user's system variables.
    Hi,

Only files there that resemble what you mention are vcvarsall.bat, vcvars.txt and vcvars32.bat

vcvars.txt contains these paths :

@set PATH=%DevEnvDir%;%VCINSTALLDIR%\BIN;%VSINSTALLDIR% \Common7\Tools;%VSINSTALLDIR%\Common7\Tools\bin;%V CINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\bin;%FrameworkSDKDir%\bin ;%FrameworkDir%\%FrameworkVersion%;%VCINSTALLDIR%\ VCPackages;%PATH%
    @set INCLUDE=%VCINSTALLDIR%\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;%VCINSTALLDI R%\INCLUDE;%VCINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\include;%Fra meworkSDKDir%\include;%INCLUDE%
    @set LIB=%VCINSTALLDIR%\ATLMFC\LIB;%VCINSTALLDIR%\LIB;% VCINSTALLDIR%\PlatformSDK\lib;%FrameworkSDKDir%\li b;%LIB%
    @set LIBPATH=%FrameworkDir%\%FrameworkVersion%;%VCINSTA LLDIR%\ATLMFC\LIB

whilst vcvars32.bat contains these :

@set DevEnvDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE

@set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPackages;%PATH%
    @set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE;%INCLUDE%
    @set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\lib;%LIB%
    @set LIBPATH=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50 727

current PATH is :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC>path
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Mic
    rosoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7
    \Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Micros
    oft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPac
    kages;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Sy stem32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control P
    anel;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files\Ulead Sys
    tems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 SE;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\;
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\
    QTSystem\;C:\Sun\AppServer\bin;C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH
    Secure Shell

And this seems to have C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN; in the PATH.

Still a little confused as to the cause ?!? Sorry.

Regards, Mike

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

OK thanks for all input. I did eventually get qmake and nmake to compile Qt framework 4.3.2 with default settings.

Cheers, Mike