Thread: Accesiblity

Thanks

Default Accesiblity

Hi,

I am facing some problem in implementing the accessibility.

I am using setAccessibleName(const QString & description)
    and setAccessibleDescription(const QString & description) for getting the accessibilty of the widgets. But I am not getting the name or description when I try to attach the application with the Microsoft AccExplorer 2.0.

But whenever I design a test form using QT designer and give the names by using the QT tool box it works fine.

I need to give it by using setAccessibleName() because I am creating the labels dynamically.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Rakesh

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Accesiblity

Could you paste your code ?
    Qt allows you to use everything you want
    wysota
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #if defined(Q_OS_UNIX) && defined(QT_DEBUG)
    abort(); // trap; generates core dump
    #else
    exit(1); // goodbye cruel world
    #endif

Thanks

Default Re: Accesiblity

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me explain how I have implemented. It will be difficult to paste the complete code because it's very big application.

1. First I am implementing my parent widget. It is derived from QWidget. It,s having some buttons combo box and some labels as well.

2.Then I am creating the other children e.g. I am creating the combobox like this:

timePeriodSelector = new QComboBox(this);

timePeriodSelector->setAccessibleName("SomeName");

timePeriodSelector->setAccessibleDescription("Description");

timePeriodSelector->setFixedSize(100,50);

Then I am adding elements to combo box.

But I am not getting the name or description when I try to attach the application with the Microsoft AccExplorer 2.0.

Implementation2

I tried to derive my widget from both QWidget and QAccessibleWidget. I implemented childCount(), childAt, navigate(), indexOfChild(), Role(). I am not so sure what should be the contents of these functions. I have given some dummy implementation just to check if these functions get invoked or not. I put the break points in the functions and attach the application to Microsoft AccExplorer 2.0 but none of the functions are getting invoked.

So please let me know is there anything wrong in my approach or something else need to be implemented.

Thanks and Regards
    Rakesh Lenka