Thread: Qt IGNORING SOURCE CODE

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Qt IGNORING SOURCE CODE

I am just completing my first Qt project which is an application for Symbian devices. I periodically made back-ups of the project in different folders (but using the same project name) as I developed the application. I tried unsuccessfully to run the latest copy of the project on a mobile device (which I borrowed briefly) connected to the computer. Now when I open any of the earlier back-ups and try to run it on the simulator by clicking the green button, the output is that of the latest project. The source code is clearly being ignored since even introducing undefined names in the code does not generate any compiler error. Projects which are not copies of the project in question are running as expected. I am using Qt 4.7 which I installed a few days ago from the Internet. The projects were started on the beta version but I have run them on the latest Qt installation without any problems. I am using Windows Vista Business.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt IGNORING SOURCE CODE

Qt isn't ignoring your source code (actually, it doesn't even care about your source code, I assume you mean Qt Creator). You have the classic bug of multiple projects of the same name in different folders so you don't know which files are actually being used by the compiler.

When you figure out which files are the correct ones, perhaps you should look into version control, rather than just copying the folder. It is the preferred method and offers many more features (eg. full version history and logging of each and every change)