Quote Originally Posted by TorAn View Post
I think that MSoft/Nokia will start with severely lengthening release schedules and reduction of Qt team. They will save legal budget by keeping Qt alive - on life support. And if necessary they will go to courts. One does not have to win if it has the money, it will be enougth to stall and delay.
Qt is still an asset for Nokia, killing it the way you say would be like cuting your own veins and spilling your own blood. I know this used to be considered healthy in the dark ages but we're past dark ages now. Qt might possibly lose priority for Nokia but it doesn't become its adversary.

I am very pessimistic on Qt future now. The only way that is good for "us" is a quick sale of Qt division to an interesting party, but I have a feeling that MSoft will not allow this to happend. And now Nokia might see advantage in killing Qt, since it competes with MSoft offering which they plan to use.
Nokia doesn't merge with Microsoft, they are to cooperate. Nokia will not kill Qt just because it is in Microsoft's interest. Besides, what is most important is that Qt is open-source, nobody can take it away from us. Whatever happens in future, Qt 4.7.1 LGPL is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by tbscope View Post
Does Nokia already have phones that rely on Qt?
(edit: I mean large series, not a few development models)
It depends what you mean by "rely". Every recent Symbian based phone comes with Qt on-board. How many applications use it, I'm unable to say.

Personally, I was very very annoyed during the last year because Qt on the desktop wasn't developed anymore, just a few bug fixes here and there. :-(
Trust me, you are not alone. I would even say a majority of people developing with Qt feels the same.