I'm trying to develop a small sound board (a program with multiple buttons, that you press and emmit a sound) for Symbian S60v5 (for a Nokia X6 device). Using Qt 4.7.4 (the most up to date version, I think). I started programming yesterday so I assume this might be a silly error or something, but this doesn't seem logical to me.

Well, first of all, I design the application, I create the "clicked" slots using "right click > go to slot > clicked()" in each button, then I create a resource file called SoundBoard.qrc.

I create 2 refixes, one is the '/' prefix, which contains images, and the second one is /snd, which contains the sounds. Then I store 2 sounds in /snd: "prueba.mp3" and "trololol.mp3". Both of them have the same format.

Okay, I go to the code, and I insert the following code:

Qt Code:
  1. soundFiles.sources = snd\*.mp3
  2. DEPLOYMENT += soundFiles
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Inside my SoundBoard.pro file. Then I go to my MainWindow.cpp, and add the following line:

Qt Code:
  1. QSound::play("prueba.mp3");

Inside one of the button's click event. I test in on my X6. It works! Yeah, it sounds.

So, I decide to move on and try with the next sound:

Qt Code:
  1. QSound::play("trololol.mp3");

The problem is, when I try it, it doesn't sound. It does sound when I try the first one, but if I add more sounds, they doesn't work. Only the first one.

I tried building my project many times and doing all short of things but... it just doesn't want to play.

As I started yesterday, I guess there's something I should know about using resources that I don't know. According to the documentation: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsound.html
It says that it doesn't work with resources.

Note that QSound does not support resources. This might be fixed in a future Qt version
But if that's true, then why does it work with my first sound, which is included in my resource files, but not with the second one? Seems confusing to me. And that's why I come to you to ask for some help. This is how my resource file looks like:

Rj1NU.jpg

So, I have to ask you, Is it true that it doesn't work with resources? Also, if it doesn't, what's the best way to do this?

Ah, by the way, I heard about another way to do this:

Qt Code:
  1. QSound snd1("trololol.mp3");
  2. snd1.play();

But it doesn't work either

Thank you very much for any help, it will be much appreciated!