Thread: OpenGL in arm-linux-gnueabihf compilation, Qt 4.8.x, ( GLUquadricObj is not a type )

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo

Default OpenGL in arm-linux-gnueabihf compilation, Qt 4.8.x, ( GLUquadricObj is not a type )

Greetings to all!
    There seems to be a problem with porting Qt to (some) arm platforms and use OpenGL

I do not know how to include some of OpenGL libs with Ubuntu 13.04 raring-preinstalled-desktop-armhf (for Nexus 7)
    which I used normally with i386 and amd64 platforms and earlier distributions (of Qt and Linux Ubuntu ).
    Using a class GLUquadricObj produces an error:

'GLUquadricObj’ does not name a type

when I try to include directly a file which defines that class (like #include "/usr/include/GL/glu.h" ) , I get multiple 'redefinition' errors (in GL headers)
    Is there a 'decent', known by anybody, way to use OpenGL libs on this platform?
    Thanks to any constructive hints!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: OpenGL in arm-linux-gnueabihf compilation, Qt 4.8.x, ( GLUquadricObj is not a typ

GLU is not part of standard OpenGL interface. You need to link against an external library for it.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: OpenGL in arm-linux-gnueabihf compilation, Qt 4.8.x, ( GLUquadricObj is not a typ

There are instructions in Makefile which care about compiling against GLU libs, they are the same (as were; also, they are not mentioning location of GLU include file(s) directly - those are/were included in qgl.h), but instead of (former) -lGL there now -lGLESv2

And adding into Makefile locations directly gives mentioned (above) 'multiple redefinitions' like (here is the first one only):

In file included from //usr/include/GL/glu.h:38:0,
    from mainwindow.h:13,
    from main.cpp:1:
    /usr/include/GL/gl.h:162:17: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef double GLdouble’

I think that should be a problem with migrating from GL to GLES(v2) (installing libgles2-mesa-dev does not help)

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows Android

Hey Aravinda,

Any luck with this issue? I am also having the same problems.

For me I am having problems including "glu.h" on my "Qt 5.3.0 openGL ES2" build. Unfortunately there is no support for "openGL ES1" since I have seem a port for "glu.h" for ES1, but not for ES2.

Regards,
    Mark