Hey all,

I'm having problems trying to integrate an existing program with a Qt front end. The front end is pretty simple and built in Qt Creator. When I try to set up components of my existing program (by creating objects and initializing them -- the program is just a collection of classes), the GUI never launches and the program doesn't initialize all of its components correctly. It stops and 'blocks' somewhere in the code, seemingly for no reason. I should note that the code works fine without any Qt stuff in it. Conversely the GUI works fine if I don't try to initialize my program.

I'm initializing my program through member functions of the main class of my Qt Project (I've called it FrontEnd):

Qt Code:
  1. #include <QtGui/QApplication>
  2. #include "frontend.h"
  4. int main(int argc, char *argv[])
  5. {
  6. QApplication a(argc, argv);
  8. FrontEnd rcnsWindow;
  9. rcnsWindow.SysInitialize(); // hangs
  11. rcnsWindow.show();
  13. return a.exec();
  14. }
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Why could adding the Qt libraries and code stop my original program from working? I've made sure to copy over any compiler flags I needed and everything seems to compile fine.

I realize this is a general question, but was hoping that there is something blatant I'm missing. The program is fairly straightforward and basically does some I/O with serial ports.

Regards,

-KF