Quote Originally Posted by astodolski View Post
You understand what I'm doing but it doesn't make sense? -- Hmm.
Yes, exactly.

I admit I am not an expert in Qt.
Qt is not an issue here. Object oriented programming is. There is the object of the wizard that contains all the UI elements (as you chose to put them there in Designer). The wizard object also contains a number of page instances. Since the pages and UI elements are encapsulated in the wizard object, they are not aware of each other. One page can't access another page's items since it doesn't even know another page exists and it can't access the wizard's items since it doesn't know there is a wizard anywhere. In C++ (again, not anything related to Qt itself) you cannot inject code into existing classes therefore if you put some items in the wizard UI, its code cannot be injected into the classes you are externally creating. Again and again, this is nothing Qt-specific, it's simple object oriented programming.

If you really want to separate the logic of each page then do exactly that, extract the logic and not the page itself. Don't promote each page in Designer, instead create a couple of "algorithm" instances (working on the wizard class instance) in your wizard's constructor and when the wizard switches pages, assign the correct logic you want to be the "current" one. This way you follow both the "strategy" design pattern and the state machine paradigm. Both are standard, both are classic, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Qt is very different.
Qt follows object oriented programming paradigm. Borland is sh*t and M$ is always inventing its own "standards" that are incompatible with everyone else.

Just take a piece of paper and a pencil, draw each object and objects it encapsulates (which will visualize their access scope) and everything should become clear.